Friday, May 8, 2009

Senator Stampede 5K *My 3rd, Boy's 1st* 9/29/07



Saturday, September 29, 2007
AUM Senator Stampede 5K




Ah, probably my MOST favorite race! Boy has been practicing so hard and he got out there with me and gave it his all! What a trouper! I couldn’t have been prouder of him! The whole family was there and Matt and Hannah cheered us on as Boy and I ventured out through the AUM campus. The course was dirt road, to pavement; out and back. Once we hit the dirt on the way back I told Boy he could unleash it and he did!!! But then he fizzled out and I had to talk him the last 10th of a mile in. I didn’t think he was going to make it – but he did!

Boyce Estes 11 M 32:59:00
Chandra Claycomb 33 F 33:00:00
He should have won 2nd in his age group, but they only did 1st place “under 18” which I thought was completely bogus. And I told the coach as much. Boy ended up getting the second place award in the over 18 category (they didn’t have a second place for that age class) ;)


As a side note, this is the race where I met Drew and Dwayne - Such great runners!


No comments: