Friday, May 8, 2009

Cruising the Creek 5K - 2nd place in age group! - 1/12/08

Saturday, January 12, 2008
Cruising the Creek 5K [Done! 25:25 ave pace 8:10]

I'm finally seeing a difference in my running! I ran 5K this morning and beat my last 5K time by over 4 minutes!!! My time was 25:25 (chip time), pace was around 8:32, speed around 7mph - all this AND it was hilly - there was a freaking gigantic hill 200ft in about .2 miles or less! (ok, you mountain people might not think that's so bad, but I'm in Alabama here, that is HUGE to me!). The whole family went to support me again.

The race was in downtown Prattville by the community center. I didn’t see the regulars there, but I did meet a girl from Alfa who has Lupus.
Interesting story about my motivation here… there was a lady that was running BAREFOOT! I laughed to myself, thinking there was NO WAY she could run like that for 3 miles… I was struggling to keep up with her, but I did! I kept thinking her feet would have to start killing her any minute now…then I was thinking there is no way I am going to let a barefoot woman beat me! But she did! LOL. Thank goodness she was in a higher age bracket! They had some excellent door prizes and food at this one! WhooHoo! I have to go back to get my long sleeved Tshirt because they ran out.
Here are the results, there were 254 entrants: *I won 2nd place in my age group!


Claycomb, Chandra Montgomery, AL F 33 25:30.63

No comments: