Saturday, May 9, 2009

Jacksonville Bank Half Marathon *my 2nd half!* 12/12/08

Sunday, December 18, 2008
Jacksonville Bank Half Marathon *my 2nd half!*

Matt and I spent Friday and Saturday night in Jacksonville for this. He very sweetly surprised me and we took off for two nights instead of just one. Super-stoked about this, since my Sparkie friend Magda (Smurfette0725) and her husband Rob (Geepas) were already there and we were planning to meet up! She is the most darling person! Even sweeter and more beautiful in person! So glad I had this time with her, it made the race very special.


Matt actually mapped out a couple good areas to on the race course to cheer me on! I was so happy about this  there he was – I saw him 4 times!!! Panic struck around mile 5 when I realized my expected monthly visitor had arrived…but the port-a-jon DIDN’T until mile 7! Glad to report that I was able to finish the race. Wasn’t the best time, but far from as bad as it could have been under the circumstances.

The weather was NICE, a little chilly start – since Magda had us getting on the first bus while it was still dark-thirty! LOL! (actually I think it was 5:15am). We chatted for the bus ride up, we chatted and took a couple of pictures and a couple of potty breaks while we waited. We got separated at the last potty break.


I finished the race and Matt and I immediately went out to cheer her on, but she never came. She called later and explained that she was ambulanced to the hospital for dehydration. I didn’t even get to tell her goodbye  We actually caught up with each other on the highway and waved our goodbyes from there….its all good 


1690 336 57 Chandra Claycomb, 34, Palm Bay, FL 1:01:02 2:14:48 2:16:16 10:24

No comments: