Friday, May 8, 2009

Polar Bear 5K - 1st Place in my age group! 2/9/08

Saturday, February 09, 2008
Polar Bear 5K [Done! 25:25 ave pace 8:10]

Today was cold and drizzly. The whole family went. This was the same course as last time, and I finished with the exact same time (25:25)! There is always that one person to get me though, this time it was one of the group of “funny people” who were only running to raise money for the church…That being said, he told me during the run that he was still half drunk from the night before and the next day he would be running a relay at the Mercedes Marathon in Birmingham. Anyway, he did the whole come on lets take it home! Lets blow it out! Lets give all for the last .25... Whew! We did it! YAY! Thanks dude, I dont know your name...

Bean ran the 1 mile fun run that followed! She did so good and I was so proud of here...because you know she she doesn't really like to do anything strenuous! LOL!

Matt got hungry and wouldn’t eat any of the food there – goodness me – this was a church affair, there was brownies, cookies, cakes, sandwishes, pizza, muffins, chikfila biscuits… you name it! However, being picky and ill as he was, he totally missed it when I BROUGHT HOME FIRST PLACE IN MY AGE DIVISION TODAY!!! I got a medal and a little Polar Bear! YES! There is no official race stats to follow as they never posted them.

No comments: