Friday, May 8, 2009

Riverfest 5K *My 2nd* 8/07/07

Saturday, August 04, 2007
2007 Riverfest 5K (on the Coosa in Wetumpka, AL)


I only thought the last 5K was hot. Good Lord, people were dropping like flies out there! I even took a walk break down by the park (about halfway), but there were such great supportive runners coming past me, encouraging me that I dug deep and found a way to complete my run. Good thing too, this proves that it doesn't matter how fast you are - sometimes its just about finishing - I was 3rd in my age group!!!! Who would've thought?

There was one lady running with frozen water bottles in her hands. Such a great idea on days like today. Jessica and John was at this race too. My mom was here to support me today, cheering me on like crazy when she saw me coming! AWE!!! Thanks Mom – Love you!

**3rd in my age group!
Bib#44
30.13
Claycomb, Chandra
33

No comments: