Thursday, July 5, 2012

Hurricane Hustle 5K

Sat, Jun 16, 2012 7:30 AM

My boy volunteered for this one, so he road with me out to the Ted Whitlow Community Center where the race was being held.  We got there really early, Jeanine wasn't far behind us.  It was a nice morning, warm but not wretched. I'm trying to remember if we took any pictures.  I dont think so... hmmm.  Slacking.

Jeanine did really well and took 3rd place in our age group.  I was 4th, but about 5 minutes behind her. 

31:25 was my garmin time.   They did this race the old fashioned way, where you put your name and time on a card, this way of recording is before my time....I found it very interesting!! 

J and I followed the race up with a mile jog just to get in 4 miles.  I was pretty proud of that, just because it was so voluntary. :) 

No comments: